We have just finished studying the Year 1066 and these are some of the things we now know...
- Who had a claim to the English throne following the death of Edward the Confessor, and why.
- The events and stories that are shown on the Bayeux Tapestry
- How and why the Anglo-Saxon and Viking era ended.
- What the daily life of a child could have been like in 1066
- How the Normans influenced/changed England
- Why William the Conquerer introduced the Doomsday Book.
Photos of our Express Event, coming soon! Take a look at our display in the office foyer to see some of these photos and our writing.
We have just finished studying the Ancient Egyptians and these are some of the things we now know...
- Where Egypt is using geographical language ("Egypt is a country in the continent of Africa - on the North-East Coast").
- Why the River Nile was so important to the Ancient Egyptians ("Water and nutrients for farming, transport and transporting goods, fishing and for burial rituals").
- Why the Ancient Egyptians mummified Pharaohs and Kings ("They wanted to preserve the bodies so they could be with them in the after-life which they believed in).
- Why Pyramids have caused many questions (There are many different conspiracies about how the Pyramids were built because of the limited resources and machinery at this time).
- Why Tutankhamen's Tomb was such an important discovery (most of his belongings were not stolen therefore Archeologists could learn much from them).